Years ago, when Miles was still working we went out to Ruth’s Chris on a random Tuesday. Rather decadent at the time. Fancy dinners didn’t usually happen on a Tuesday when the 9-5 was part of our world. (My how times change with retirement! lol.)
We, of course, indulged in steaks and sides. But I was really craving a good salad! I remember our waiter telling us that all their dressings were homemade. I love Ruth’s Chris’ chopped salad with ranch. I was huge into homemade dressings at the time and pictured myself googling copycat recipes to replicate the salad home. Bringing little samples to Miles until I got it right!
Making that joke to the waiter he told me: no need to google — it’s hidden valley ranch with buttermilk and mayonnaise.
I couldn’t believe it. But I’ve made it. And it tastes the same.
And, I guess, technically it is homemade! Even thought it’s super easy.
Ruth’s Chris’ Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Mason Jar
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch’s Buttermilk Ranch Packet (0.4 oz packet that makes 16 fl oz)
- 1 cup Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Buttermilk Ranch
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
3. Pour dressing into a container with a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving so the dressing will thicken-up.
4. Before serving shake or stir well.